Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Super Mom does it again!




YES, I am braggin'; I did it! I travelled 7.5 hours in a car with 2 children; 3.5 years old, 1.5 years old and one 8 year old chocolate labrador retriever Dublin dog. I AM A SUPER MOM!! Saturday, Reece had soccer, lunch, naps and then an Easter egg (candy) collecting activity. I ordered pizza for dinner. Fed & bathed the lil ones and then packed for our journey to Park City, Utah. (PC is how it will be known the rest of my posts!) We would have left on Sat. but there was too much we would have missed. Wait till I scan our picture with the Easter Bunny!

Reece sleeps in my bed when Mo is away so he woke me at the usual 6:30 am wake up call. We started to get ready for our day. Packed the rest of the car and fed the animals, I mean lil ones. I quick showered while they grazed. Out the door by 8:15 am. A few minutes past my goal; but I soon realized I have no schedule, I am on break! Drove through my favorite coffee shop and got the usual, white chocolate peppermint mocha. I also purchased a bite to eat since I forgot to do that before I left! Chocolate chip banana bread YUMMY! Raine enjoyed it also. Reece didn't like it. His loss.


ON THE ROAD!! We said our prayers that the Lord would guide us and keep us safe. Then I sent a text to my friends: drivin' to park city with 2 lil ones-PRAY! I know I gave my girlfriends a great laugh. But their prayers worked! We made it there in 7.5 hours. We stopped for gas and lunch in Cedar City. We hit Walmart for a few necessities and got back on the road. The weather was wicked. It would rain for 20 miles then be clear as day. Then we'd go another 20 miles and it would be snowing! Crazy! Reece and Raine had plenty of snacks, toys, books and movies to keep them busy. Reece selected 5 of his favorite movies for the trip: Lion King, 101 Dalmatians, Cars, Ratatouille, and Mickey's Christmas (not trip to PC is complete without that one).

Raine fell asleep right before we stopped in Cedar City. Reece slept about 5 hours into the trip. They were both excellent. Raine enjoyed playing peek-a-boo and looked at a Big Bird book. Reece watched 3 out of 5 movies and read some books too. We made it to Brian & Kara's house at 5:30pm and the first thing Reece did was climb up to the top of the biggest snowbank on the side of the driveway. He loved it. He didn't care that he wasn't wearing snow pants or boots. He was in the snow! I unpacked the car, fed the kids, played a few games and put them to bed. They were exhausted and so was I. I relaxed in front of the TV. It was so nice to get away and be in the fresh mountain air. More to come tomorrow. Good night ;)


2 comments:

shontell said...

YAY friend. I am glad you made it safely. Although, I thought you were opting to stay home and just enjoy your break. You need to learn to mozy.

Joelle said...

I did mozy. We took our time and played when we wanted to play. I strolled along the Whole Foods store and the outlets. I read my magazines and cooked some yummy food. I just mozied in another park of God's beautiful country. It was soooo relaxing!