Monday, March 31, 2008

Horton


Today Mommy and Reece had a very special date! We went to see Horton Hears a Who. It was Reece's first time seeing a movie in a theater. He was so excited! We came home from church, called a sitter ate a snack and waited to leave. I showed Reece the trailer to the movie on the computer and all he could say was, "THAT"S AMAZING MAMA. We are going to watch this movie on the biggest TV ever." Raine stayed with Shelby since only big kids who were 3 years old could go to the movies. Reece was kind of bummed about that, he really wanted Raine to come. Shelby arrived and we headed out the door. My purse was full of snacks, wipes, a sippy cup and a blanket drooped over the top of it. I was praying the whole time Reece would be ready for this. He is a squirmy fella full of endless amounts of energy. During the drive to the theater I explained how we must be very quiet and sit very still because we will have popcorn, candy and a drink on our lap. I told him we will have to come home if we can't follow the rules. He was very interested in the popcorn and candy. We bought our tickets and headed in for the snacks. Reece kept saying, "Come on Mama, were gonna miss the movie." He ran ahead of me and handed the guy our tickets and then said, "Where is it mama?" We went into the theater and Reece immediately picked out our seats. The last two in the row, right on the aisle; perfect I though just in case he has to pee or doesn't make it through the movie! But he did! He was in awe during most of it. His eyes were glazed over, eating his popcorn and sucking on his ring pop. It was so stinkin cute. I think I watched Reece watch the movie instead of watch Horton myself. All in all, I can't wait to take him to another movie. Those were also his last words, "Mama can we see that again."

No comments: