Sunday, March 09, 2008

Jesus is Alive

So I'm supposed to tell you all why I love my hometown,-Buffalo, New York but that must wait because the conversation I just had with Reece is 10 x better.

Setting: Kitchen table where I am trying to work on report card comments. Reece comes over sits next to me.

Reece: Mama see what I made in church today.

ME: Wow Reece that is beautiful.

Reece: It says Jesus is Alive! Cuz you know what? We heard the Easter story today and Jesus is ALIVE! (he shouts)

ME: Really, where is he then?

Reece: MAAAMMAA, Jesus is everywhere because he came out of the cave.

ME: What?

Reece: There were bad guys that didn't like Jesus and he died. He was in the cave and they closed the rock. Then an angel came and moved the big rock. And do you know what? Jesus was ALIVE. (he shouted again)

ME: Wow, that's amazing!

Reece: Yep, Jesus is amazing... as he walks away.

No, I'm not making this stuff up. Reece was full of hilarious one liners today. It was one of those days I wished I had a mini tape recorder, like the kind you would use in college (way back in the day).

Wait, as I type Reece & Raine are outside scribbling on the driveway with rocks and I hear Raine whimper and cry. Reece shouts, "I didn't do it! She hurt her finger drawing." I walk out there to see what's going on. My car door is open and I say to Reece what are you doing in my car? I'm just drivin, like this and he moves his arms back and forth like he's steering the car. Get out of my car, this is not a place to play. Aww, come on Mom, I need to go to the store.

Today has been priceless.

1 comment:

kris and mel said...

cute! it was great to hear your voice today, my friend. i hope you have a wonderful week and get all of your report cards finished. love you!