Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Excitement part 1

Was your Easter a whirl wind like ours?
Friday night we colored Easter Eggs and had so much fun. I should have hard boiled more of them. Reece loves hard boiled eggs. Raine kept trying to drink the dye off the egg dipper. It was funny. She would also slam the eggs down on the table. Several were cracked when we went to hide them on Sunday.

Saturday night it was like getting ready for Christmas at our house. We started a new tradition this year by leaving our baskets full of the plastic eggs out on the back patio for the bunny to come fill. Reece also wanted to leave some carrots for the bunny so he’d have a snack like Santa did. It was very cute. Reece yelled out to the bunny, “We left some carrots for you, come fill our baskets please. I’ve been a good boy.”

Mo and I were getting baskets & gifts ready for our spoiled lil ones. I was busy preparing 5 baskets! One little tiny basket for the hubby. 2 normal sized ones from the grandparents and 1 for each child from the big bunny! I made a basket of the stuff that Noni and Pa Pere sent from Philly. I made another basket of stuff from Grammy & Pops in Florida. Then I got to put goodies I bought for Reece in his basket; man was it heavy! Raine’s basket is bigger and was full of books, pink eggs and yummy chocolate. I set them up for the picture taking moment and then hid them away for the kids to find them. My mom always hid our baskets and that was the best part of Easter for me as a child. I loved finding my basket and then helping my siblings find theirs.

Mo was cleaning up the back yard for our Easter egg hunt. Then we had to assemble this great step 2 picnic table with umbrella and a sand/water table with an umbrella for the kids. They were a combo present from both grandparents. I bought it a Sam’s club a month ago and have been dying to put it together.

Saturday night when I put Reece to bed I told him he needed to stay in his bed all night so the Easter bunny would come. If he got out of his bed the Easter bunny might hop right over our house. Well, wouldn’t ya know that in the last month the boy hasn’t spent a full night in his bed; but, he did it Saturday night. He snuck down at 6 am and asked if the bunny came. I said I don’t think so go back to your bed. He climbed back up stairs and we slept for another hour.

I got in the shower to started getting ready for church. I still need to iron the kid’s new clothes. I could hear Reece talking to Mo when I got out of the shower. Mo & Reece climbed in while I ironed and got Raine up. She was full of energy. After we were all cleaned up looking sharp. I told Reece to check the table for a basket from the grandparents. He was so excited he screamed this is the best Easter Day ever! Then he said but mom these aren’t the baskets we left out for the bunny. What did he do with those? He ran outside to see if they were still on the patio. “MAMA, the baskets are gone,” he yelled. "Oh my, well let's look for them," I responded with great enthusiaum.
more to come...

No comments: