Saturday, March 22, 2008

New bikes


We went down to REI and finally purchased our bikes. We have been saving since January and were ready to get them. Mo researched each one pretty extensively and knew just about every detail about each bike.
Upon arriving at The District to buy our bikes, Raine fell asleep; like she always does when we drive 30 minutes to REI. No prob, Mo would test drive his bike first, I would walk around The District with the kids for a a little while. It was a beautiful day and Raine was still sleeping. Reece and I hit up the Ethel M store for a piece of delicious chocolate. YUM-O. Then it was off to Gymboree and some really ritzy toy store where these annoying little toy dogs were barking and flipping. Never would I want that toy in my home!

Mo passed us on his fancy Safari bike, as we were strolling around the shops. He was headed back to REI and it would be my turn to test drive the Flirt, as my bike is named. Mo says appropriately so, since I was voted Senior Class Flirt of 1992! YES, those were the days. Sorry, back on topic. Raine woke just as we walked back into REI and both kids were ready for some lunch. Mo held them hostage in a display tent and fed them granola, while I rode all over the parking lot. AHHHH FREEDOM :)

I did not want to return the bike, I wanted to ride for hours! Member my bike was stolen right out of my backyard; so I haven't rode a bike in quite some time. It felt so good to get back on a bike. I told Gregg our salesman, SOLD! Except this, this and this felt funny, can you check those things before I take this home? Of course, Gregg was surprised I knew what I was talking about and was very glad I caught the weird front tire, the squeaky brake and the gears that wouldn't shift in to place. Mo's bike was in a box, much like how he received his bike when he arrived in Africa for the Peace Corps. I said no prob babe, take it home and build it! REI wouldn't let him so we had 2 hours to kill while they built Mo's bike.

GOOD~ I was starving and so were the animals; so it was off to Lucille's for lunch. A BBQ joint with outdoor seating so the rugrats could be 3 & 1 years old and not disturb too many other customers. It was delicious! We all shared a plate of pulled pork, chicken and corn on the cob. YUM-O once again. Then we let the kids run around this patch of grass and get some of their energy out. We ran into a old friend and her beautiful kids. It was so nice to see her and those gorgeous kids. It was now 3:00 and we headed back to REI to pick up Mo's bike. It took a bit longer because some things still weren't perfect so I loaded up Reece and Raine and we made up songs about how long it was taking Dada to the tune of Take Me Out To The Ball Game. You wish you were in the truck with us don't you! FINALLY, he arrived with his awesome bike and we were ready to roll. Our favorite high schooler was coming over to babysit at 4:45 and it was 3:45.
Cruisin' home Reece fell asleep but chatty Raine talked our ears off from her seat in the back. It was quite entertaining. Home by 4:40, straightened up , put away purchases, set up dinner and jammies then Taylor knocked on the door. She rocks. Reece was a cranky pants, so I moved him into my bedroom to watch his favorite movie this month, 101 Dalmations. He seemed much happier when I did that. I had to distract Raine with Elmo on the other TV and snuck out the door to a waiting hubby sitting passenger in my car. I guess I was driving to meet our friends for our dinner, hockey game & bowling date. No biggie, he drove all over town all day. More about our awesome date later! Raine is awake saying Mama, Mama, Mama over and over. I really wanted to nap but typed this instead, oh well.

No comments: