Thursday, March 19, 2009

Nightmare on Elm St.

My first dorm room/apartment/house is the topic of discussion today.

So my first home away from home was Dodds Hall at Slippery Rock University. The 7th floor in a coed dorm. I shared my room with a junior named Colleen who was never around unless to go to sleep. Our room was right next to the stairwell and since she went to bed at a regular hour and I was a night owl, I would hang out in the stairwell and talk to the other freshman who had no idea your were supposed to go to bed and actually do your work. My friend Holly from the field hockey team moved into the room across the hall and also had an upperclassman as a roommate. We convinced both our roommates to switch rooms. I moved into Holly's room and we had so much fun!

My sophomore year we moved into a house, 417 Elm St with two other field hockey players. The house was a nightmare, so old and in the middle of a half a*& addition/bathroom remodel. Our landlord was horrible and never finished the remodel until a year and a half later. The house and roommate situation must have worked though cuz it was my home during my sophomore and junior year. My mom was a bit worried, but I was fine. I was living off campus with upperclassman and having a blast. I never had to leave my home to go to a party! We'd have field hockey parties and invite other teams to mix with us; baseball and soccer were our favorites at the time. Oh to go back to those carefree days.

No comments: