Sunday, March 22, 2009

Inspirations

I wish I could make a yummy soup, really I just need to try and do it. I am no good in the kitchen, I do try (sometimes) but most of my meals come out of boxes and are easy peasy. If I could take time to do something well, it would be to learn how to cook. Since I have a 2 and 4 yr old and work full time, I will practice cooking this summer when school is out. I will also try to perfect my mediocre baking skills with this recipe! I stole it off my friends blog and can't wait to make it.

Delicious! Chocolate Pie

2 sticks regular butter, softened
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla
4 eggs
1 baked pie shell

Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, then mix in cooled melted chocolate. Add vanilla and mix. Turn the mixer to medium speed, then add in the four eggs, one at a time, mixing for 4 to 6 minutes after the addition of each egg. Scrape sides of bowl once during mixing. Pour into the cooled pie shell and refrigerate for at least two hours or overnight. Plop whipped cream on top and serve. Garnish with chocolate curls if you’re feeling sassy.

As for who inspires me, hummmmm my friend Melissa because she is a mean a^& baker.
My friend Shontell because she can stretch a dollar further than anyone I know and pray like no other.
My friend Jessica because she is an artist in all forms and finds time to pursue her dream.
My friend Erin because she is always so giving.
My sister Jaime because she can make any situation into something positive or at least get through it without tears.
My brother Brian because he is amazing at everything he does.
My brother Matthew because he is a survivor.
My mom because she is, well my mom...
My dad because he is such a hard working man.
My children because they are the cutest & sweetest lil blessings.
My best friend and lover Mo because he puts up with me and still loves me!

My list of inspiring people could go on and on so if I left you out I mean no disrespect. I love you all and will continue my list at another time. Good Night and God Bless ;)

No comments: