Monday, March 09, 2009

March Madness

It's not just a basketball tournament to me, it's one of the most hectic times at our house right now. I am trying to finish grading and complete report cards for 60 students. Laundry is falling out of the dryer and laundry basket. Dishes seem to be growing in my sink and toys are exploding everywhere. Mo keeps asking me to start reading one of Dave Ramsey's books so I can learn all about Financial Peace. I also need to make the final arrangements for a San Diego trip to Sea Camp with 38 5th graders and 14 women! AHHHHH, my only relief is when I hit the pavement to go jogging. So that is just one more thing to do. I look so forward to the weekend and then they go by too fast. Plus, I don't want to do all of that stuff I want to play with my kiddos or nap. In light of all that needs to be accomplished, I know it will all get done. I am just tired of losing sleep about it. I keep trying to give all of my stressers to God, but he doesn't seem to want them cuz they keep lurking in my brain. How am I supposed to find Financial Peace when I can't find emotional peace? I figured out that I need to relax and take time for me. So I did! I ignored the to do list above and played on the computer. I read all about what my friends are up on Facebook and thier blogs. It's a techie type of soap opera for me. How about you? What do you do to get away from it all? Baths don't work for me. I get too cold and am not a big fan of laying in dirty water...

No comments: