Thursday, March 26, 2009

Catching up

"J" as in "John Kreuzer" said this about parenting and I LOVE IT!!

Be understanding. Whatever age the child is now, you were that age too, and probably just as annoying (if not more so).

Be patient. When they're driving you up a wall, cut 'em some slack.

Be loving. Look, these young persons are, quite literally, a part of you. How can you not love that? Embrace them for all of the similarities and differences. Show them that you appreciate them for who they are.

Be the parent you would want (and maybe had). Make time for them. Play, talk, share. It's all good.

Be supportive. Even if you don't understand.

I still have to complete the picture of yourself post. So here I am:

Home from my hair appointment, enjoying Private Practice while icing my knees. I am exhausted from a long day and an even longer week. Today was very productive though and one more day until a relaxing weekend and fun date night with my hubby!

No comments: