Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 Butler, PA

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 Butler, PA

Today was a day of rest for the Hauguel’s we got up, ate breakfast and watched some good ole morning TV. I was in heaven watching all of those terrible talk shows like The View and Rachel Ray. Of course Reece & Raine enjoyed some serious PBS time. They love to watch Super Why, Dragon Tales and Sesame Street. Raine loves Elmo much more than Reece ever did! It is all we brought book and toy wise.

We finally got ourselves moving and went for a walk to a nearby park. Reece and Raine thoroughly enjoyed the swings and sandbox. There was a rec center representative there ready to do crafts or play games with the kids. Reece, Raine and Hailey finger painted a Frisbee. Matthew and Grant played kickball with some other boys. It was a really fun time. We walked back to the house and put the kids down for naps. I took a break on the back deck ready my 9 magazines that I haven’t had time for. It was gorgeous weather and so nice to sit on the back deck in the middle of the day and not melt to death. Last night’s rain cooled things off a bit so it was perfect temperature outside. We had a full evening of baseball ahead of us; since Grant’s game was cancelled last night. Hailey and Grant both had games right next to each other. It was going to be fun trying out the zoom lense on my new camera. Did I mention I have taken over 300 pictures so far? It is so great having a huge memory card and a camera that doesn’t miss a thing.

The baseball park was a blast. Mo took some amazing pics of the kiddos batting and pitching. I think he likes my camera more than I do. The concession stand served the best real potato french fries. They were so stinking yummy. Mo & Reece took a walk in the creek and had such a terrific time. We headed back home for baths and bed. Reece and Hailey played into the wee hours of the night and then Reece asked if he could have a sleep over in her bedroom. It was so cute! We enjoyed another game of the College World Series and some delicious Yeungling lager. It was a wonderful day. We are blessed to have amazing family that puts up with us.

2 comments:

Esther said...

I'm really enjoying your journal. We're taking an 8 hour drive next week and I'm terrified. I'm truly impressed at your road trip skill! And very sorry that we won't see you in Buffalo this summer.

RG said...

sounds like so much fun!!!