Sunday, June 22, 2008

Sat. 6-21-08 Denver, CO to York, NE

Saturday, June 21, 2008 Denver, CO to York, NE

At 5:40 am Raine was wide awake and calling, “Mama, Mama” from her crib. I lay down in Lucy’s bed while Raine played with all of the neat toys in her room. She became bratty & tired so I laid her back down in her crib to rest some more. Soon enough everyone woke up and we got ready to go to breakfast at the Cracker Barrel. Mo’s choice and boy was it yummy! It took FOREVER to get seated and even longer to get our food but the kids hung in there and did awesome! Mo taught Reece how to play checkers. It was his first time learning and he loved it. Dad was very kind and let him win! Raine loved rocking in the cute rocking chair and played with her pooh toys.



We all ate like champs and then headed to Boarders book store to use the gift card my students gave me. I bought the Cold Play CD for Mo, an Elmo book for Raine that laughs like Elmo when you move the big Elmo head and a 4 pack of Chicken Little books for Reece both for a smoking deal $3.99. Then as I was headed to the register I saw the summer beach reads section. It had an interesting book called Pack up the Moon. It’s written by an Irish gal and sounded awesome. I got back in the truck and started reading it right away. The kids were very excited about their new books too. We drove along interstate 76 until we reached interstate 80. I only made it through chapter 1 of my book because I was so sleepy from my full belly and poor night’s sleep. Raine & I fell were fast asleep before we made it to I 80.



We drove a good while and then Mo needed to pee. The kids were sleeping so we pulled off the highway and while Mo peed I stretched my very achy legs. Reece woke up so we had him make a river in the mud also. He was in great spirits. He has been a real angel so far. He gets a little antsy toward the end of the day but all in all is quite the trooper. After every nap he asks, “Mama, did I take a good nap? Can I have a treat?” While on the road, he gets a package of fruit snacks. If we were at home he would get to pick a treat from the candy tin. I have no problem rewarding 2 hours of quiet in my home. Once back in the truck and on our way again; Raine continued to sleep and Reece asked to watch his Transformers DVD again. I am so tired of that movie, I need to pull out Brother Bear or Curious George. Nebraska is a pretty flat and boring state. I told Mo it reminds me of the middle of New York state, flat boring farm land.
The rain was horrible and we were so close to Lincoln that we decided to stop in York. It would be less expensive than Lincoln and we were ready to get out of that truck. The night was relaxing Raine played in the tub while daddy and Reece took a swim in the indoor pool. We tried to have the kids sleep in the same bed but Raine didn't know what to do with her self. She kept kicking Reece and he was very annoyed. Finally I had enough and made go out to the truck once again and get the pack n play for Raine to sleep by herself. Once she was in her bed she fell asleep and so did the rest of us. We all slept pretty soundly since we were so tired from our Denver night and the long long long drive!

No comments: