Thursday, June 19, 2008

Road Trip 2008

We are off!! We left Las Vegas on Wednesday, June 18th at 3:34 pm.

I wanted to leave at 8 am but we were hardly ready to go. Mo relaxed Mon & Tues night instead of packing so we took most of Wednesday to get all our gear gathered and put in the truck. I really tried to minimize what I bring with us since I am a well known over packer and tired of keeping track of so much stuff. Mo said, " Are you sure we have everything, cuz there seems to be some extra room back there?" We can actually see out the back window and watch the bike tires spin as we drive. Little does he know there is extra room so we can bring a 58 year old baby doll crib and my 30 year old hand made dollhouse back with us! :) We are letting my brother Brian use Mo's canoe while we are gone. Mo thinks it will cost too much extra gas money to haul it with us. It's a pain driving against the head winds with that massive thing on the top of the truck. Not sure how I feel about that. Both of the kiddos would love to ride in the canoe at my parents house on Lake Ontario and on the Bay in New Jersey. We arrived in Park City, Utah last night around 11:30pm. We were all exhausted after a long day of preparation and then a 7 hour drive. I out the kiddos to bed and then had a yummy beer with my lil bro. I was just what I needed since my lil man seems to be growing like a weed. The whole drive he complained about his legs hurting and how he just wanted to get to Uncle Brian's house. Mo had more patience for his crying than I did; probably cuz I was up late the past few nights packing...


THURSDAY, JUNE 19th I woke with two lil ones in my brother's huge California King bed and Mo no where to be found. Reece was ready for breakfast so he headed down to find Mo, who was playing on the computer. He made the kids breakfast while I got them dressed for a fun filled day. We played in the backyard, walked to this great playground area and then came home to gather up gear for a picnic in the mountains.



We didn't realize there would be that much snow left. So we just made the best of it. It was perfect weather for making a snowman, or an Hauguel Snow Family :)



Reece thought I needed a hat. He said that was the biggest one he could find. Notice my arms down on the bottom of my body. When I asked him why my arms were so low he just laughed and moved them up. He was having so much fun making these little snowmen.


We could of played up there for hours but the kids really needed a nap. Raine fell asleep in the car up there and then the whole time we ate and made snowmen. I just held her in my arms and cuddled with my baby girl who is soon to be 2 years old.

We came home relaxed and made a delicious BBQ dinner of grilled potatoes, veggie kabobs, steak kabobs and chicken kabobs. It was marinated in our favorite Chavetta's marinade from Buffalo, NY. I can't wait to get some more and bring it back with us!

The kids played with chalk in the front and then we ate some yummy ice cream, took a bath and got ready for bed. It was a jammed packed day! I think I would like to spend a week here, instead of just a day and a half. I love it here. Tomorrow we are Denver, CO bound...




4 comments:

Jessie said...

Be safe! Don't die! :)

Jenene said...

OOOOO, looks so nice! Can't wait, 'cause we'll be in Park City on Thursday! I LOVE it there!

Be safe on the road.

melaroo said...

sounds like such fun! and how happy reece is with his snowmen! SO cute! i can't wait to see you guys. be safe!

RG said...

that sounds like so much fun! Your trip is off to a great start...that's always good :)
Have a wonderful time!!