Friday, June 06, 2008

First Day of Summer Break

Today was the official start of my summer break. I woke, threw in a load of laundry and then made some breakfast for my kiddos. My friends do coffee and massage Fridays, so I was headed over there for a birthday massage and some yummy coffee.

The kids swam, Raine napped, Jess drew a picture and Erin worked on breaking up all the knots that accumulated in my neck and shoulders over the school year. Boy did that feel good, but it also hurt really bad! She said I will be sore tomorrow. I bet! The kids played really well so we stayed a little longer. Then I looked at the clock and it was already 2:00, I was tired and ready for a nap. Reece needs his naps or he is the crankiest kid on the block. Home we went and by 2:30 all of us were resting in our beds! I even fell asleep for an hour or so.

Dinner came and I made a yummy pasta salad, corn, and flank steak. Then since I had some apples to use up I made an apple pie. Never did that before, but will definitely do it again. It's pretty easy, especially when you are using a graham cracker crust!

While I folded laundry and tried to clean out Reece's closet Mo went to bid on a job and then took his son to Golden Spoon and brought some home for me! It was a relaxing but productive day. The first of many to come this summer...

No comments: