Monday, June 02, 2008

1.5 days left with students

Yep, since Monday is all over, I only have Tuesday and half of Wednesday left with the best class of kids I have ever taught. I had a bunch of first graders two years ago and they were pretty awesome also. God seems to give teachers easy classes then harder classes; it's what makes us come back to teaching after our short summers of relaxing.

I will be going back up to 5th grade to teach two of my favorite subjects, reading & language arts (writing). There will be four core teachers and the kids will rotate between us. I will get to teach 60 kids reading & language arts (writing) while my dear friend teaches the other 60 kids reading & language arts (writing). The math & science/social studies teachers will have to teach all four classes (120 kids). I used to teach 5th grade 3yrs ago and loved it, but was ready for something new, so I went down to first grade.

I will miss the little guys, but change is always good for me. Just not on my birthday...

No comments: