Monday, March 01, 2010

Top Ten Lists

I am having a hard time finding JOY in the daily routine of my humdrum life. Maybe a list of things will help me get out of it...

10. Having a job, a wonderful husband, 2 awesome kids, food on my table and a roof over my head.

9. Being able to play on the computer to see what my friends are up to.

8. Music helps me feel less annoyed with stuff.

7. Hugs from my little ones and the words "I love you mama."

6. Extra money in my paycheck for time spent on ridiculous tasks.

5. New books from Scholastic book orders.

4. Zany packages from my father in law. Mo got his high school baseball jerseys and fraternity jacket yesterday.

3. When I put on pants and they look ridiculous cuz they are so baggy.

2. My 5th grade students from last year come back to visit me.

1. Spring break is only a few weeks away!



I need to see life through the eyes of Reece. He is 5 and finds joy in:

  1. picking out "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs" out of the Redbox.
  2. being aloud to watch cartoons before he has to get dressed in the morning.
  3. dessert
  4. going to Fresh & Easy, he loves the free samples.
  5. playing Batman & Bolt on games-now.com.
  6. running around the halls of school with his friend Parker.
  7. coloring with his little sister.
  8. beating his dad at a game of Uno.
  9. playing in his tent and sleeping in forts.
  10. LIFE

No comments: