Monday, March 08, 2010

Joy

Mine keeps coming and going, why won't it stick around for a while?

Sunday morning it was overflowing. I woke up to some serious cuddling and conversation with my main squeeze. Raine joined us for a bit but then wanted to watch cartoons. I took a wonderfully hot shower, got ready for church and went to make coffee. Mo was pulling out eggs, ham, cheese and English muffins for breakfast. We don't usually eat such a super delicious Sunday morning meal because we are late for church. Mo was even sweet enough to make me my own egg because I dislike slimy ham and Swiss cheese. Reece couldn't get enough of the special egg breakfast and kept telling Mo what a great meal it was. When we finally finished getting ready for church; we were once again a bit late, but I wasn't about to pass up that awesome family breakfast.

I taught the 2 & 3 yr olds and had so much fun. I had no clue what I would be teaching so I skimmed through the lesson and made it up as the kids colored. It was on the good Samaritan, a simple concept that kids grasped pretty well. We pretended to ride our donkey and help the wounded man. The kids were so cute pretending to be injured and helping each other get up on the fake donkey. On the way home I my allergies hit pretty hard; I was having sneezing fits left and right.

We ate pbj for lunch and I found my way to the couch to enjoy some Nick Jr. with Raine while Reece worked on his leprechaun trap with Mo. It was good boy bonding for the two of them. He kept coming back in the house to give Raine and I updates. Raine was starting to fall asleep so I put her up in her bed and then had to put her back into her bed two more times. I should of got my lazy allergy butt off of the couch and put her in for a nap sooner, but I was really enjoying cuddling with my baby girl whom I never see.


I like to cook on Sundays because I have time and energy. Before I layed down I started a crockpot full of chicken and enchilada sauce, not sure what to do with it when it was done cooking, but I would figure it out. My plan was to pull the meat apart, scoop it into tortilla shells load with cheese and warm in the oven. I was nervous because I never did it before, but it worked out well. Mo even liked it and said he would have it for lunch tomorrow. I also made a batch of cookies for dessert, not the best but a treat none the less.

Joy was all around me yesterday, I just had to push through the yucky parts of my day to experience it. After watching the last hour of the oscars, I went to bed a pretty content girl.

No comments: