Friday, March 05, 2010

My little reader

Tonight I had one of those heartwarming mom moments. While I was finishing up on the computer, Reece was slowly getting ready for bed. I asked him to hurry up and climb into bed but when I walked into his room to tuck him in, he was sitting on the floor reading his level 2 Transformer book. I secretly sat outside his door and listened to him sound out the words and read aloud. 32 pages later, he came out of his room so pleased that he read one of his favorite books all by himself. He went downstairs to tell his daddy how proud he was, but came back up with tears in his eyes because daddy was already asleep.

Reece is a becoming quite an avid reader. He is a typical kid who gets annoyed when I ask him to sit down and read, but once he is doing it, he truly enjoys it. Reece loves to find words around his environment and read them aloud. He loves sounding out words and figuring out what the letters say. I need to take a video of him reading aloud to treasure these early moments. He is growing up so fast, I can't believe he only has 3 more months left in kindergarten.

No comments: