Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sigh

Thankful Thursday begins with being able to take a day off. I am home with a definite sick kid and a possibly sick kid. Here's what I am thankful for:

a school nurse who doesn't send my kid back to his kindergarten classroom because he has a wicked rash and very red & swollen tonsils

a sub who just happened to be in the building volunteering as a parent helper

lesson plans that came together in 5 mins

a doc appointment at 1:00

time to get to Cornerstone and get Raine for the appointment also

the nurse ran a strep test on Reece

we were able to get antibiotics for both kiddos so it will go away and we won't have to come back to the doc next week with Raine

I had a granola bar stashed in my glove box because no lunch was making me a cranky mommy

I got to get away from the sick kiddo and go hang out with my teacher friends for a fun game of Bunco

I had the 4 Buncos and the last Bunco of the night making me a big winner

God supplied the funds to pay for 75% of that doc visit with my winnings

God supplied more funds, because Mo sold an old truck part

God supplied even more funds because Mo welded someones trailer in our driveway

I need to post all that I am thankful for because it has been a rough week. I know God will only give me what I can handle, but I wasn't sure I was going to be able to make it.

Thank you Lord for strength and mercy.

No comments: