Wednesday, April 06, 2011

New Position

YEP, I found a new career, well not really. I will be moving into the Special Education Department. I will be one of two resource teachers in our building. Not quite sure which grades I will be working with yet, I think 4th & 5th. We are still working out the placement of students for next year. I will be attending several meeting throughout the end of the school year and will have to brush up on my special ed laws and IEP writing over the summer but overall, I am excited. It is unfortunate though that I can not show my excitement because we are losing 5 regular education positions from our building. While I am cheering for my latest teaching adventure, two of my dearest colleagues and friends who teach in the classrooms on my left and right are having to find new schools to work in. Why is it we have to cut so much from education but can fund other dumb things?

No comments: