Sunday, April 17, 2011

LOVE

At service this morning the pastor spoke about all the sacrifices Jesus made for us. Upon the close of service he asked us to go out and love others like Jesus loved us. I cry every Sunday morning while soaking up all the pastor has to share yearning to hear more; this morning though, I wept. My heart was aching as I watched the images of the road to cross. The relentless amount of pain Jesus endured for me, a sinner who doesn't deserve his love. It was good Mo wasn't there because I have been quite somber all day.

Then I was reading a friend's blog and she said this:

I came up with this quote and I hope you enjoy it. "You are worth more than the sum of your choices, more than the value that the world places on you. You are a priceless gift to this world and the impact that you make in this world will be evident in the lives of those who met you and truly knew you. Use your time, words, and actions wisely"

I pray that as you go through this life that you are moved to make a difference in this world. Sometimes I think we all believe that we have to do something HUGE to make a difference, but really all we're called to do is love and to love without expectations or boundaries.. Love unconditionally.

I cried again. Easter is horribly emotional for me. Every since I became a mother, I can not look at the images of Mary & Jesus without sobbing. I couldn't imagine watching my son go through something that horrific. I am so very blessed that God sent his only son to live as a human with desires and temptations and to prove that God is the almighty father. But why oh why did God have to have his son die that way? I guess so we always remember what a sacrifice he made for us. During this Easter week I hope you reflect on how truly blessed you are. And if you don't know Jesus, I pray you will come to know him because having a relationship with him is such an amazing experience. God Bless You!

No comments: