Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Blessings

Have you prayed lately? We do, A LOT!!

We think we have two little prayer warriors in our midst. Reece asks every night if he can pray during bedtime and he always starts his prayers with, "God, I just hope you are having fun with Dublin up there in heaven." Then he continues to pray for our family, friends and a good night sleep. Raine loves to pray before our meals. She says the prayer she has learned in her preschool and it always ends with a rock-fisted arm raised and very excited exclamation, "Praise the Lord!"

We are seeing the blessings that come from prayer quite a bit this week; not that God hasn't answered our prayers before, but this week they have been arriving daily. We got a call from our realtor saying the bank wants to counter offer asking for 10k more from the buyer, and the buyer agreed! We received a statement about the mortgage on our other home going down $230 a month starting in March. I lost an opportunity to tutor on Monday but was asked to make it up on Thursday. Mo sent me a text saying our Verizon bill was only $93 instead of $123. Our colds seem to be disappearing before they actually bring about all the ugliness. Lastly, we were given 4 tickets to go see the Harlem Globe Trotters on Wednesday.

Yes, I am bragging about all that God has done for us (1 Thes. 2:8). I told my mom on Saturday that I don't worry about stuff, I just give it to God. See what He does when we let Him have control over our lives and leave our worries to Him (Phil. 4:6-7).

Thank you Lord for all your blessings, I couldn't handle all of this without you (Ps. 105:1, 106:1)!

No comments: