Monday, November 17, 2008

Red Rock... Take 2

I am addicted to that beautiful place. I brought the kids out there again on Saturday, but this time with tow other children in two. After convincing my dear friend Jess to take pictures of my darlins (on an hours notice); I gave her a few hours without her precious gems Violet and Riley.





Reece adores Riley and was so excited when he heard we were bringing the Baldwin children. Violet was an awesome helper and led the two boys along the hike while I trailed behind with Raine. She was a trooper again this time, a little bit more needy bit still did her fair share of hiking. I think we probably could have hiked the whole strenuous 3 mile hike over rocks, through rocky creek beds, under huge boulders, and around rocky crevices. The kids were cruising right along and we almost made it all the way to the end where a spectacular pool is filled by a trickle down what must be a 1000 feet of vertical sandstone cliff, but we had to start heading back to the car because the Baldwin kids were heading to the UNLV basketball game and needed to be home by 1:00. The kids hustled back to the parking lot and had yet another snack. The best part of the morning was the fact that Raine wore a new pair of Dora undies and kept them dry the whole time. She even went potty on those awful national park style port-a-potty with the toilet on top of the big hole in the ground. I was so proud of her! We will be heading out to Red Rock every weekend until it gets too cold. My kids and I love it so why not! Hope you don't get sick of reading about it!

No comments: