Friday, November 14, 2008

3 day week full of excitement

I had Monday and Tuesday off this week but the rest of the work week felt like a whirl wind. Wednesday I had the annual observation by my administration (yes, I nailed it and was a model teacher), Thursday a field trip to the Lied Discovery Museum and Friday was a solid teaching day minus 6 kids. What a huge difference it was in my room with out those six students. In NV they allow 34 kids in the 4th & 5th grade classrooms. Today I had 23! It was heaven. My class is a very chatty bunch of kids so it was like they were asleep or something. I had a very enjoyable week, even though I had to write an extremely boring paper for my free ipod class. I also have to write an intricate lesson plan, blogg style for the Laura Ingalls Wilder book "The Long Winter". I probably should have started this assignment a week ago. I am the queen of procrastination and work better under pressure so it will get done and get done well. As for the weekend, we have several things to accomplish. I will take the kids on a quick bike ride and then for another hike at Red Rock. Saturday night I am going out with my dear friends Erin and Jessica whom I haven't spent time with in ages. Sunday we will go to church, nap and watch football all afternoon. I will also try and complete my blogg lesson plan. Mo has several landscaping jobs in the works and will probably be busy with those all weekend long. Yay~we may actually be able to go visit friends during Christmas, that is if all of his jobs come through....

No comments: