Saturday, November 08, 2008

Bike Rides

I am so thankful for my wonderful morning. I was awoken by 4 yr old arms cuddling around me and then the beckon of a 2 yr old. We all snuggled in front of the tv watching some toons until Reece asked his daily morning question, "Where are we going today Mama?". "How about for a bike ride baby" I replied. He was so excited, he ran upstairs and got dressed to go. It was only 7:30 am and I still hadn't had my coffee. We made it out the door around 10 am; which was far too many hours for Reece to wait. He was such a good boy on our 2 hour ride though. Raine is a testy lil 2 yr old and bugs her big brother. He would say, "Mom, Raine just hit me. Mom, Raine is crowding me." I tried to distract Reece by playing I spy, but he'd rather tell me a story. The first Batman story turned into a novel full of chapters. It was so entertaining. I wish I had a video camera. After a few more minutes and lots of "When are we gonna get there?" comments we made it to the red swings playground. After almost 2 hours of riding around in circles, we arrived at our destination. I felt bad cuz I didn't let them play for very long. I had to get home to feed them lunch and shower before meeting my girlfriends for lunch. We rode back home as quick as a flash. They were very thankful we went on our ride, something I plan to do with them every Saturday morning.

No comments: