Sunday, November 02, 2008

Halloween Traditions

Halloween traditions in Las Vegas include candy, chili, grilled cheese sandwiches and family! Ever since we have lived here, our surrogate family (the Dahirs) have always invited us over for every, yes every holiday celebration. Well first my dear "sister" Shontell, up and moves to Reno, then my goofy "brother" Kristopher moved to Virginia. Poor Mama Kris had no children left to entertain her this Halloween. We were very thankful she invited us over for her yummy chili and grilled cheese. The kids were troopers, I made them eat a sandwich before they hit the streets. Who knew they loved grilled cheese so much? Mo and I indulged in the yum-o food after trick or treating.

Can we go yet? Raine was getting tired of waiting for us to be ready.


As you can see, Reece decided to wear Optimus Prime this year. If I would have ordered a Batman costume when I wanted to, I'm sure he would have chose that. I think he may just get a halloween costume for Christmas this year...


Daddy did the door to door business while I waited in the street snapping pics. My kiddos thought they were guests in every house. They would walk right over the threshold and into the homes. It was driving me nuts. After only about 10-15 houses Reece asked if we could go home. He said he was tired of walking and he had lots of candy already! I was all for it because I don't think he will ever ask that again.

Hand me down costumes are the best! My mom bought my cousin Dylan the Tigger costume and each of her grandsons and Raine have worn it also. That is money well spent Mom! Casey James always picks the best costumes and then passes them down to his cousin. Reece just loves wearing Casey's old treasures. Thanks kiddo!

No comments: