Saturday, October 28, 2006

Raine is 2 months old

On Wednesday, October 25th my little sister turned 26 years old and Raine turned two months old. Not a huge birthday but one she smiled at. She is starting to smile and coo. It is getting really fun now. Just when it's time to go back to work. Sadly though, I have learned I'm not into this newborn stage. She can't tell me what's wrong. She fights falling asleep. She loves to be held. She can't rat out her brother when he makes her scream. As much as I try to get her on a schedule she doesn't always comply. God defiantly gave us the easy baby first, just to make sure we would give him a sibling. Raine really is wonderful baby, but I'm so glad I have some experience being a mom. I can't wait to see what each month brings. I need to remind myself to slow down and enjoy each moment. Laundry, dishes, cleaning bathrooms, cooking dinner can wait. When else is she going to be this little. Right?


Which reminds me of a great teaching Pastor G taught a few Sundays ago. Be still! Well I was today! I tried to take a nap while my kiddos napped. I didn't wash a dish or fold the laundry that has been sitting in the basket since yesterday morning. Mo asked if I did anything with the fish for dinner I said "nope" (Reece's new favorite word). It was nice relaxing, but part of the reason I did it was because I was so tired. I may have to do it again tomorrow.


No comments: