Thursday, October 05, 2006

HAPPY 2ND BIRTHDAY REECE





I'm finally getting a chance to post about Reece's 2nd birthday. We celebrated here at home with Raine, Mommy, Daddy, Grammy and Pops. Reece loved licking the frosting off the candle, but more importantly he loved when we sang to him. He kept asking for us to sing again, "more, more"! We must have sung "Happy Birthday To You" a dozen times. He would smile, clap and cheer every time we sang. It was the cutest thing ever. Reece opened all of his presents and wanted to play with each one right then and there. He would also shout out "Oh My Goodness!" when he opened something really neat like his Craftsman tools or the Veggie Tales music CD. He thought the music CD was a DVD movie. He kept asking for someone to play the movie. We distracted him with some of the yummy chocolate cake I made. It had to have lots of sprinkles because as of lately Reece wants "spinkles" (remember my son cannot pronounce his R sound yet) on everything, especially waffles. He dove right into his cake; eating every single bite! It was such a wonderful evening. I can't believe my baby is 2. I think every birthday from here on will get better and better. Reece's excitement was so enjoyable that I can't wait to see him on Christmas morning!

No comments: