Sunday, December 27, 2009

The woman who truly intends to live a good life is already living phenomenally since intent is part of the achievement.
~Maya Angelou

I don't feel like I live phenomenally but I do enjoy my life. Our Christmas season created an emotional roller coaster within my heart this year. I was a very weepy mama the entire week leading up to our saviours birth. Everything seemed to make me teary; songs on the radio, tv commercials, Christmas cards, texts, phone calls, Christmas gifts, church, my kiddos and even my spouse. You name it, I cried over it. (No I am not pregnant.)

Mo's parents offered to fly us home during winter break but we decided to stay here in Las Vegas instead. I was upset about that decision and probably a bit depressed too. I would try and persuade my hubby to drive to the east coast, but deep down I knew that wasn't happening either. Prayers are an amazing thing, I strongly recommend it. I prayed for contentment & PEACE in my heart, since I really wanted to go east and see family. God answered and although I have cried a little bit each day, it has been a really content and peaceful holiday.

We attended the 4:00pm Christmas Eve service at Canyon Ridge church with two very dear families the Baldwins and Boardmans. The Russo's were supposed to join us but we switched the time on them so they were impressed with the 6:00 production. Reece was in service with us which was extremely special as well. I felt bad Raine was in her classroom and felt an urge to pull her out to sit with us.

We ran out of there abandoning our friends to put lasagna in the oven and give the kids the Wii. It was super exciting.  On Christmas Eve evening, I made my hubby help wrap presents, yes in years past I did it all, so I changed that this year! It was fun working together on that. I would go put them under the tree and he would ask how many more... We were in bed by 12, so it wasn't too bad.

While tucking the kiddos into bed they were told to hang out in their rooms until daddy and mommy were ready, so I wrapped a couple toys up with a bow and put them outside their doors.


We had a slow going morning, ate some fruit first and then unwrapped a bunch of presents from the relatives. It was a slow morning with lots of awesome faces. I took a lot of video and mo took a ton a pictures. Now I just need to upload them all....

No comments: