Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas in Las Vegas

Wow, we actually stayed in the desert for Christmas this year. It was very different. No hustle and bustle of flying off to the East Coast. Drove home from Utah on Christmas Eve, ate a yummy southwestern style dinner and then wrapped presents for the kids. It was a long day since I sat in the back seat with the kids for 6 hours. Then tried to get us unpacked, straightened the house and got it ready for Santa to come. I think I was more excited than Reece. I wrapped all of his presents while Mo put together an ABC animal toy. One present from Santa and the rest from family is how we tried to explain it to Reece. He must have woken up 4 different times during the night, he is cutting his 2 year molars and hasn't been sleeping well. I was so nervous he was going to see all of his gifts that I would wake, race up stairs and try to settle him back down to sleep. He was up for good around 7 am when he came running into our room shouting, "Mommy come look at the presents. Look at the tree. Can I open them?" We got up and started the 15 minute process of opening presents. I swear, he ripped through them like a wild fire. We would slow him down and try and explain that Santa brought this gift from Noni or Uncle Travis but he didn't care. He was very excited about his piggy bank from Grammy Myers, his Elmo sweatshirt from Uncle Matthew and his Thomas the Train stuff from Uncle Travis, Uncle Jim and Aunt Jaime. Raine sat on my lap and watched all of the chaos. Christmas afternoon was spent with The Castillo Family. We enjoyed a delicious meal with good friends.





No comments: