Friday, December 28, 2007

Day 7 sure isn't Heaven for the lil people

As I tidy up my house while my family sleeps; I hear coughs coming from all 3 bedrooms in the house. Mo is coughing away after swigging a good amount of cough syrup. Not much I can do for him. I check on Raine, give her a drink of water and lay her back down. I go make sure my son isn't freezing to death since he kicks all his covers off during the night. He wakes as I am covering him up and says, "Mama, will you lay wif me for just one lil tiny minute." My heart melts as I lay down with my sick 3 year old. Poor guy has the start of a double ear infection and quite a wicked cold. Runny green boogies and an awful cough.

I woke to him asking if he could crawl in bed with us. It was 7:30 am which is late for Reece to wake. He climbed in and chatted our ears off. We asked hm to go play with some of his new toys, he said he wanted to snuggle with us. Can't pass that up. So we snuggled a bit then he wanted cartoons. I'm sick of Disney so I asked for Sesame Street. He obliged. All three of us hung out in bed until about 8:30 when we heard lil Raine thumping away in her crib. Reece heard her and asked if we could go wake her up. I went up to get the baby and Mo made coffee. He makes a mean cafe mocha with a splash of vanilla creamer.

As we were eating breakfast, I told MO I think I should take the kids to the doctor. I called a girlfriend to confirm, sometimes I need to get the encouragement from a fellow mom since my hubby was indifferent. I knew in my gut that the kids noses were only going to greener and their coughs were only going to become more frequent without some antibiotics. I have been nursing semi-cold symptoms for too long; especially in Reece.

At 9:45 I call and get an appointment for 10:45. Plenty of time an hour to get ready and out the door. Nope, we were running out the door so we weren't late. It's hard to get ready with two lil people underfoot; plus they needed to brush teeth and hair too. I ran back in the house for Raine's blanket I knew she would need it, we don't go any where with out it! Oh and I had to grab some bread for the ducks. I bribbed Reece with feeding the ducks if he was a good boy at the doctors office. So we made it through the appointment no problem. Raine is fine it's just her allergies with all of the wind kicking up and she hasn't had her singular for a few days so that doesn't help. Reece on the other hand has a very high threshold for pain. He must take after his mama. He's quite congested, coughing alot, lots of running boogies and don't forget those pesty ear infections. He never told me his ears were hurting. What a trooper. After the doc we fed the ducks super fast since Raine was so cranky and tired. Came home put Raine to bed and headed back out to fill the scripts. $90.00 later I have Raine's singular, a cough med and an antibiotic for Reece. I got home for Target just in time to fill Reece's body with meds and put him down for a nap. Once he finally fell asleep; he was out for almost 3 hours. Raine slept almost 5 hours. Think my kids need some rest or what.

I should have been more productive during their naps but once again I was sucked into the computer. Oh well, I got a few things done. Mo brought home take out again since we are on vacation and were blessed with so many gift cards. Reece didn't want to eat so he watched Ice Age with his daddy. I gave Raine a bath and put her to bed while the boys played on the computer, practiced writing their letters, showered and went to bed. It was a hectic morning but a reasonably lax afternoon, hence the reason I am up straightening up my home while my family sleeps. Better go get a few more things accomplished...

1 comment:

Pennies In My Pocket said...

Hey girl ... just saw your comment on my blog. The Robeez had larger sizes, but I think they sold out rather quickly. Bummer they didn't have the size you needed. They are just oh-so-cute!! ... but not nearly as cute as your adorable children!!!!!

~melody~