Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas break has truly begun!

It is day 5 of my winter break and I finally feel like I relaxed all day long. Don't get me wrong, I have been somewhat relaxed on days 1, 2, 3, 4 but there was always something I needed to do on those days. Today however I had nothing to do, no where to go. Nothing but feed my kids and play with them. We played a lot. I looked at several piles around my house and ignored them all. That is very hard for me to do. When I ignore them they seem to grow. I have a forest of clean & dirty clothes growing on a chair near my bed.
Reece and I played Chutes & Ladders for the first time today. He was enjoying it. He didn't like having to slide down the chutes but loved when he was able to climb a ladder. I had to explain that when he was in the middle of a chute or ladder it was a safe spot. He would become very excited when he would land on a "safe spot". I won the game. Reece was not very happy about that. I explained to him that if he didn't cheat and spin the spinner two times instead of once; he wouldn't have lost his turn and maybe he would have won!

Since Reece is just learning how to play games we had to create a cheating rule. When he decides he wants to go two times or look at the cards in memory and CHEAT he has to lose his turn. He seems to be learning from it. He only cheated 2 times during Chutes & Ladders.

Raine loves to dance so when Reece napped we played with everything musical. She loves to play her piano and today she was doing some ballet moves while she played. Her friend at the babysitter goes to dance classes and teaches Raine how to dance. It's always an adorable sight. I guess she will be headed to some dance classes some day.

I better go get something accomplished today. Maybe I will read the letters I had my second graders write to me. That will give me a good laugh! Or I could start a new book and finish my fun filled day of doing nothing!

No comments: