Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Road Trip 2007 Day 1 6-19-07

We are well on our way. We finally left Tuesday at noon. It seemed like an endless morning of packing. I thought I packed a lot throughout the day on Monday, but when you're packing for a month long excursion; you need a whole week just to figure out what a family of four needs. Packing for a mission trip was easier than this. After all was said and done, I don’t think I forgot anything. Day 1 June 19, 2007 Las Vegas, Nevada to Park City, Utah 8 hours 366 miles

Left the house at noon and made a few stops. It was lunch time so we started our road trip off with some delicious McDonalds; “chickie nuggets” for the boy and a burger for the man. Gas and Starbucks were a necessity for the adventure. We headed north out of town on the 15. I don’t think we were even on the 15 and both kiddos were sleeping! Yes, that’s the way to travel. They slept for about 2 hours. Then ate some snacks and played with toys. We listened to Mickey Mouse Clubhouse for a while and after about 3 hours on the road we stopped in Cedar City, Utah. We still had to grab a few items for our trip so Walmart Here We Come! Mo wants to try and stop at a Walmart in every state. He loves that store. After our shopping spree we had about 4 more hours until we reached my brother in Park City. Reece & Raine did great. Raine drank her bottle and fell asleep again. Reece got a little restless so we put Peter Pan on the portable DVD player for him to watch.

We pulled into Brian & Kara’s place at about 8pm. Kara was cutting up steak for shish kabobs. Yum-O! The kids desperately needed diaper changes; so we did baths also. It was still pretty light out so we enjoyed the grassy, Aspen tree filled backyard for a while. At 9:30 we enjoyed a scrumptious dinner of shish kabobs, salad and Samuel Adams. Reece ate his favorite meal; mac & cheese! By 10:00 the babes were in bed and we were veggin’ in front of the boob tube. Kara gave me a lesson on how to use my IPOD. Since I was up until 2am on Monday night and woke at 5:30am to finish packing; I was off to bed. They have the best California King sized bed on earth. The sheets are so soft and the pillows are oh so fluffy. My head hit the pillow and I was out like a light!







No comments: