Saturday, April 29, 2006

Saturday Morning Bliss

Ya gotta love when you can watch a friends little 11 month old over night and things go exceptionally well. Amaya came over last night while her parents went out on the town. Reece loved having her here to play with in the backyard. She walked right over to him and gave him a big hug. He gave her a gentle kiss back, it was too cute. I tried to catch some of it on film but I would always miss the actual kiss and would just get the open mouth part. You'll see if Blogger will let me attach the pics, I was having a hard time yesterday.

The two kiddos took a bath together and then went to bed as peacefully as I could hope for. It was a wonderful evening. In the morning Reece woke first, but did let me sleep in until 7:45 am. That is pretty good, I was thankful. I was even more thankful when Mo went up to get him! Yay Dada:) We got Reece dressed and Mo started his breakfast while I tended to Amaya starting to rise. She was a happy girl, eager to help me get her ready for the day. The two kids sat at Reece's fabulous table (from IKEA, that I love more than Reece; Thanks Bri!) and ate their waffles, pancakes and grapes. Reece was not about to share his waffles with Amaya and proceeded to yank them off his plate saying MINE! He is just learning that word, I'm not to thrilled with that. But once he saw Amaya's plate of pancakes and grapes he gladly sat down and helped himself to all of her grapes. What a little punk. They two of them sat their for quite a while eatting breakfast and watching the backyardagins. (sp, new show for us)

Amaya's mom came and got her only a little while later. Reece and I drank our smoothies while sitting by the pond. He pretty much drank all of mine and wanted nothing to do with his. I think he liked the glass and big straw better than his sippy cup. Reece played for a while and then I decided since it was nearing nap time I would take him for a walk. An hour later we returned and he was ready for his blue paci and bed. I sit hear typing as he calls out to his Dada who is working in the garage underneath him. I wonder how long it will take before he finally falls asleep? Did I mention I have also washed and folded two loads of laundry, with one more in the dryer as I type. I think when I finish rambeling I will make some lunch and do some of my posts for my online writing class. I'm a bit behind :( Too much blogging and not enough posting. Plus I'm exhausted! I fell asleep watching survior Thursday night. How lame, I totally missed who was cast off. Boy was I annoyed!

Lastly, we as a family, went to the doctor Thursday and actually spoke with him. No nurse practioner this time. We had to sit there for 2 hrs to see him, but all in all it was worth it. He said I'm measuring small and we need to do an ultrasound to check out the baby's organs. I asked about the bump above my belly button (which wasn't there to show him, of course cuz I want to ask an expert about it, it doesn't appear). He said it was probably just gas, nice huh! No I am not farting all the time. My bowls are not fitting in their proper place since my uterus is growing a human being inside of it. Crazy huh! I am really enjoying this pregnancy, I feel great and have only gained 10 lbs in 5 months. I'm 20 weeks and still wearing my slightly bigger sized normal clothes. Yes, I am bragging cuz remember when I gained 40 lbs with Reece and ate whatever I wanted cuz I could. I have to be the maid of honor in my sisters wedding. I need to fit into a stapless dress. Yikes, I can't gain much more before June 24th. After that it's ice cream every night while I am down at the shore! Monday is the ultrasound and NO we are not finding our what we are having, so stop pressuring me! I love the surprise. Life lacks surprises. The reaction of my husband in the delivery room is a priceless memory I treasure. I'll post pics of our baby on Monday. By the way, Reece thinks it's going to be a girl...

1 comment:

shontell said...

i dont know why i bother posting since you never let me post anything. :/ but i think you are destined to be the momma of boys. i say. boy. and let me know how the ultrasound goes. i will be praying :) as for me...two weeks and i am free. well, my insides are free and then my outsides will be occupied. its okay though. i am ready.bring it on