Saturday, December 03, 2011

On the THIRD day of December

we had an awesome day of building a Snowman napkin holder, shopping at the Bilbray Holiday Bizarre and a trip to the Fashion Show Mall. I brought the kiddos over to Home Depot to build and paint a super cute wood craft. They both did a very good job screwing the snowmen into the base, then gluing the hat onto the top. Then it was onto the painting station. Raine chose to paint her one side of her snowman purple and the other snowman yellow. Reece went for the traditional white with a black hat. I was very impressed with how neatly and carefully they painted and placed the stickers. It was a lot of fun!

Around 11 am we headed to Bilbray to check out the 45 craft tables at the holiday bizarre. I was very pleasently pleased with all of the neat homemade items. I found some awesome little stocking stuffers and a present or two for myself! It was also fun to watch the cute Bilbray kids sing, dance, tumble and cheer on stage. Raine was blessed with a beautiful butterfly face painting on her little face. It cost 5.00 and she had to beg and borrow a 1.50 to have it painted. I had to work on some report card comments and print out progress monitoring reports. My wonderful kiddos played on the computers, ran around on the playground and were mad when I finally brought them home.

Once at home we cleaned ourselves up a little bit and then headed down to the strip to shop at the Fashion Show Mall. Mo raised some $ at his fall festival and wanted to look at a macbook pro or ipad for his classroom. While we listen to Daniel explain all there is to know about Macs, the kiddos watched a fancy little Christmas song and dance with Santa and some Rockette type dancers, it even snowed on them. Back in the store, I found it quite interesting learning all about that amazing little piece of technology. I hope he heads back to the store sooner than later to purchase it. The kiddos had a great time playing on the IPad 2 which is something I want for Christmas, but know that it's not in our budget and I probably wouldn't ever get to play with it! The macbook pro would be so great because I could actually get my school work finished at home instead of staying late everyday! We enjoyed some burgers and fries at Johnny Rockets and crushed the kiddos at the classic game of complete a square. Reece was pretty intense, really looking for ways to beat me. Raine was a little less patient. Lastly, we headed to my favorite store Lucky Jeans! I scored three items for 14.99 each, yes a new outfit and an extra top. Mo was happy, all he has to do it wrap it and put it under the tree for me! On the way to out we stopped by Gymboree for a few half price items for my spoiled children. They will look so well dressed this holiday season. It was a great trip to the mall as a family. I was pleasently surprised how well the kids did and look forward to doing it again, soon!

No comments: