Friday, June 19, 2009

Swimming Lessons


WOW~this has been a tiring week. Mo has been landscaping daily and uses my car to do so, but I offered to teach Ashlyn how to swim. I have to strap the kids in the cougar bike carrier and pedal them to a friend's pool every morning at 9:30. It is quite a trek uphill. Thankfully, the weather is cooperating and it is only 89 degrees. The pool water is actually chilly and then the air isn't much better. It's funny to see blue lips on the kids. Reece is also learning how to swim without his floaties. He is so brave but lacks the skills needed to get him across the pool. Ashlyn is a very cautious young lady, who is a bit timid. After this week though, she has become a daredevil, jumping in and swimming across the pool. It is so great to see how much they learn in just one week. I can't wait to swim with the kids again after we both return from our vacations. I will give a week of refresher lessons and then hopefully swim with them for pleasure the rest of the summer. I live to play in the pool here and love to see little ones enjoy it as much as I do. Thank goodness my kids are fish! ;)

No comments: