Sunday, June 14, 2009

Pre-K Graduate








On Thursday, June 14th I was able to be a parent volunteer and help out with Reece's preschool graduation. It was quite an event with some songs and even a ceremonial walk up to the stage to receive a diploma. There were 47 graduates and it was priceless watching them perform their songs. Reece was concentrating so hard on his songs that he barely smiled. I was laughing at the faces he would make and how loud he would sing. He told me a few weeks ago that I would be crying at his performance and it was true. After each class performed their songs, they left the stage to go get dressed in their cap and gown. The classes then proceeded up the aisle and back onto the stage. It was so precious. Each child was called down to receive their diploma and were then asked what they wanted to be when they grew up. Can you guess what Reece said? He wants to be a super hero! When Pastor Greg asked him which one, Reece said he wasn't sure. We all thought he'd say Batman since he is obsessed with him. It was so funny. Lots of the boys said they wanted to be race car drivers, super fast race car drivers and the little girls want to be moms. It was so funny listening to their answers. I can't wait to see how it was captured on the DVD. My baby boy is getting to so big. Next fall he will go with me to Bilbray and attend an extended day kindergarten class. I know he will love it but his daddy will sure miss taking him to Cornerstone everyday.

No comments: