Thursday, July 09, 2009

Bee Sting

I received my first bee sting yesterday. I was watching Reece & Raine exert some energy on the playground when I felt something biting my forearm. I quickly swatted at the bug and watched it fall to the ground. My arm still hurt and I saw a stinger sticking out, I looked down at the bug on the ground and saw it was a bee. I quickly pulled the stinger out of my arm and threw it on the ground next to the bee. Then I squished the bee with my flop and hoped I wasn't allergic. My brother is allergic and I wondered if I am too since I am allergic to several of other things. It didn't really bother me when it happened, it just felt like a mosquito bite. I went home and didn't do anything about it. Today is a different story altogether. The bite is red, swollen and it itches so bad. I iced it but it still itched and the redness hasn't gone away. I went to Walmart and the pharmacist said I should see a doctor, she had no helpful advice for me and wouldn't even recommend cream or medicine. I bought some Benadryl, but all it seems to do is make me tired. I need to go online and see what it recommends, I bet it will tell me more that than the Walmart pharmacist. Recommendations anyone?

No comments: