Monday, June 15, 2009

Signs of Summer

I LOVE SUMMER! It is the best time of the year, even if we aren't road tripping back east. I am off for 10 weeks and get to spend all my time with my kids. I have big plans for this summer: read, relax, run, bike, swim, hike, run, camp, organize my home, rid my home of clutter, run, catch up on my movie list, hang with friends, take some short road trips to visit friends and run my first 1/2 marathon!! Yep, I did it I am officially signed up for a race in San Diego on Sunday, August 16th. The family will take one last adventure to Cali before we head back to school. They will support mommy as I finish 13.1 miles at Balboa Park. We will then head to Sea World for the day! I can't wait. Please pray for me often! I have to wake myself up at 4:30am to run in this horrible Las Vegas heat! I also have to start eating like a runner and cut out all the extra crap I allow myself because I run. How bad can it be really?

No comments: