Saturday, February 07, 2009

So Thankful

Tonight we braved the Fashion Show Mall with two crazy kids to spend some gift cards that we thought only worked down on the strip. When we went to guest services, they informed us that we could us them anywhere in the United States. Huh? We can? So our plan of eating out and splurging on ourselves went right out the window! God, answered our prayers to provide us some grocery money and we need to be obedient. But I didn't want to! Mo wanted to take the cards right out of my hands and drive us home. I told him to loosen up that we came here for a family night out so let's eat!!

I really wanted Maggiano's but he didn't want to spend that much. :( We ended up at Johnny Rockets, which was way overpriced for the burgers and fries they serve there. It was definitely more kid friendly but really? Mo is so obsessed with this Money Makeover stuff that we had to share a $10.99 chicken club sandwich. Which in all honesty, was all in needed since I treated myself to the most delicious 6.99 chocolate shake. Hey I ran 4 miles today, I can drink 650 yummy calories... Reece and Raine had so much fun wearing their little chef hats and coloring. Then the staff cranked up the music and started dancing. I felt like I was in a Broadway show cuz Reece and Raine asked to go dance with the servers. I tried to get a picture with my cell phone but they were all to blurry. My dancing fools had the whole restaurant in stitches. It was too cute. We enjoyed the rest of our meal and headed to Borders to spend another gift card!

I told the kids before we left that we were going to the mall to get ourselves a Valentine present, then when we found out God gave us money for gas and groceries I couldn't buy silly stuff. I am a smart girl though and I grabbed the Borders and Macy's gift cards also. We let Reece and Raine pick out one book each and I was able to sneak in one more book for Reece's Easter basket. The Lord once again provided a little extra for our family. Time to head home it was getting late but then Mo reminded me of Macy's and how I wanted to swing by there. We looked at some bargain items for him and then some kid clothes but nothing was jumping out at us. Then I found 2 of the cutest outfits for a friend's new baby, both half price. Yay, thanks again God!

The kids really needed to use the restroom so we head to the back of the store near the women's undergarments. Mo found the clearance rack and started picking out cute bra's and panties. He said here ya go Happy Valentine's Day! It really was just what I needed, cuz I have purchased new bra's since I was pregnant with Raine. My chest size has shrunk quite a bit since I have been running and eating better so I truly needed a few half price Calvin Klein bras! I tried them on and was very pleased, I wanted to ask my hubby what he thought but I didn't think that would be too wise. I'll surprise him on Saturday! God is so good, he lead my man right to the rack I needed most in the store.

After a few hours of eating, dancing and shopping we headed home. It was a very entertaining night of spending gift cards, ya gotta love that!! As I type this reflection of how amazing God is, Mo just shouted up to me that our Verizon bill came in $25.00 under our budgeted amount!

Isaiah 65:24 proved itself so true for the Hauguel family today. Praise the Lord!

No comments: