Saturday, February 14, 2009

Saturday Morning

Today, I started my day by making breakfast for the kids, enjoying a cup of coffee and an english muffin and then headed out the door for my 5 mile run in 37 degree weather. AHH it was brisk but sunny. I ran with a friend of mine who is an avid runner and I felt like I was a bit too slow for her. She said it was perfect pace and she'd be back next Saturday. I have been training for a 10K for the past month now, running every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. My neighbor and I do some speed training during the week and then distance training on Saturdays. I should be walking on my off days but it is too dark & cold in the mornings. I can't wait for day light savings and spring weather.
After I got home, Mo asked if I wanted to go for a walk and take the kids to the playground. I was all for it since my hubby never wants to go for a stroll. We piled the kids into the stroller and headed to the "Red Playground" as the kids call it. It was so much fun sitting with my hubby on a bench watching our kids scamper around. He said it best, "This is what life is about babe"! I couldn't agree more. What a great morning!

No comments: