Friday, February 29, 2008

Leap Year

Wanted to post on leap year, but didn't get to so I am back dating so I can see Feb. 29 2008 on my blogg. I am sick as a dog and will probably need to edit this and re post it because of typos and spelling errors. Trav can you be my official editor.

A student Violet noticed at the beginning of February that we were missing number 29 on our class calendar. She reminded me again today that is was leap year and we still didn't have a heart with the number 29 on our calendar. I guess that is a priority to her huh? I really meant to make one but never took a minute to do it. :(

It was a fun leap year for the kids they got to start the day with a dance assembly, relax and read poetry for a while afterward, take a couple tests and then eat lunch outside. Is has been beautiful here. High 70's and very little wind. After lunch we finished up some work, house cleaning and then tried to get to fun Friday. Too bad they were just a bit too chatty this week to have much time for that. They made wants and needs posters instead. Interesting to see who starts with which column and what they cut out of the magazine to glue onto it.

Picked up the kids from my pinch hitting babysitters. Sadly, my son, who has been keeping his big boy undies dry during naps for the past three weeks had an accident today:( I'm going to blame it on Leap Year. I felt more sad for him than he did. Really, I felt horrible for Deidre and Melissa who had to wash sheets and deal with that mess.

My kidlets were hungry, tired and out of routine so it was very hard to get dinner ready and not just run in my room and hide. I was starting to feel a sore throat coming on and exhausted from a long week as I am every Friday. I pushed through though; disciplined the naughty behavior, got my family fed and put to bed. I proceeded to lay on the couch the rest of the night with the remote in hand. I never get the remote and always run away to the bedroom to watch TV because I can't stand the way Mo watches TV. Do all men watch bits and pieces of a million shows? Tonight I was starting to feel sick and achy so I refused. I deserve to watch the big flat screen too!

At 10 pm I started to watch yet another show and realized it was past my bedtime. I have been breaking my feel great in 08 rule of going to bed at 10 pm and now my body is suffering. Hence feeling like a sick as a dog. What does that mean anyway?

How was your leap year?

No comments: