Saturday, February 16, 2008

he's so funny

"While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about." Angela Schwindt

I found this quote today while I was scrap lifting page ideas off the internet. I think that this quote says it all. I work so hard and making sure my son is kind and uses manners that I forget that he is 3. He is so full of life that I miss out on all the quirky things he says because I tend to over correct him. I will now try to limit that to only the really necessary things and enjoy his 3 yr old isms.

For instance: A few days ago while Reece was taking bath; he was making ballcanos with a cup and the bubbles. Then he asked if we could go to Hawaii and see them this next day. He is still learning about when tomorrow is and the day after tomorrow.

At the dinner table Mo was drinking water from a SLIPPERY ROCK pint class. Reece spelled out R-O-C-K and then said dad what’s that say? Mo said Rock. Reece replied with, “Oh like don’t throw rocks Reece.” We just started laughing.

A few days later I was wearing a SLIPPERY ROCK sweatshirt and Reece read the letters R-O-C-K again. Mama that spells rock, what does S-L-I-P-P-E-R-Y spell? I said Slippery. He asked did you slip. I started cracking up again.

He is so inquisitive and smart. Yes, I know I am biased, but he is!

1 comment:

shontell said...

snicker. Love the stories. Hope you are hanging in there. I can't believe your boy is going to be a kindergartner soon!