Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Reece's potty training success story

Today we were getting ready to go see the dolphins at the Mirage. I told Reece he would have to stay dry all day if he wanted to see the dolphins. I also mentioned that he would need to go pooh pooh before we left. I was upstairs dressing Raine and noticed Reece went missing. I yelled,"Reece, where are you?" and he yelled back," I'm going pooh pooh!" I was so stinking proud of him! He rarely puts himself on the potty and has never hopped up there to drop the kids of at the pool.

He loves bubble gum so I bought a whole jar of gum balls from Walmart. He gets one gum ball every time he goes pooh pooh on the potty. He loves them! I finally found something that has stopped him from sneaking off to hide and poop in his undies. I also have three Pez dispensers in the bathrooms all around the house. He loves to get candy out of Shrek, Hammy & Tigger's heads!

I keep telling him he needs to go pee pee on the potty if he wants to go to school like his friends. He even found a backpack he wants to take to school. I didn't dare take it away from him when we were at Kohl's cuz I just didn't want to fight that battle. I hid the Thomas backpack and told him we never bought it, that it's at the store. I also plan on having him come to the store with me and pick out a few favorite pairs of underwear. Maybe if he picks them out then he won't pee them. Who knows?

It's been a pretty successful experience the past two weeks we've been home. If only I could get him to stay dry during his naps and through the night.

1 comment:

shontell said...

YAY Reecey!! I am so proud. Don't give up Mom. You are doing great. He is right at the age where he will do well for a while and maybe have a slip up, but it is all starting to come together. Try waking him up when you think he has splept enough, but he hasn't awoken on his own. He may be dry all night and naptime and THEN let the river flow. By doing this you will help him to hold it. Plus, you should show him your blog. My kids always get a big kick out of seeing themselves up there, especially if it is me boasting.
Just keep telling yourself he won't be unpotty trained forever. There really is an end insight, even if there are a bunch of messy diapers blocking the view.