Monday, August 13, 2007

All in one day

This past Saturday, I attended a memorial service for a dear friend's grandmother. Then later that evening went out to celebrate another dear friend's 30th birthday. In the matter of 12 hours, we were celebrating for two very momentous occasions. A woman who has lived her life to the fullest has gone on to meet Jesus. Another women has just started the third chapter of her life...

The service was one of the most beautiful church events I have ever attended. I haven't been to very many funerals or memorials. One day I hope mine can be this amazing! Grandma Jane was extremely well loved. I heard some wonderful stories and learned about her awesome qualities; some I hope to exhibit one day. She has instilled some really neat traditions within her family too. I hope to do that as well. The family created a bookmark with lessons they have learned from Grandma Jane. All of them were great, but one that made me think was "Don't be afraid of change. Rearrange your furniture often."

Why would I pick that? I am totally ready for some changes in my home. Member all of the great homes I visited this summer?

So, I got a hair up my booty and started this mass collect and purge on the first floor of my home. I just started collecting stuff to go through and then give away or throw away. I set our hand-me-down high chair on the curb with a FREE sign on it, it's gone! I divided 10 goldfish in 3 large vases and spread them around my home; getting rid of this horrible looking aquariumn. I cleaned my living room, put Mo's hand-me-down recliner on the curb and REARRANGED the furniture. It was so great to declutter my living & dinning room. I still have tons of piles of papers to go through, closets and drawers, my scrap/craft closet and all of our files. I am on a quest. No, I'm not pregnant and nesting! I just feel overwhelmed with so much junk. Plus, I am headed back to school in a week & a half; where there is a classroom full of stuff to go through, five grade levels worth of stuff. I figure, if I can get my house in order then one of my workplaces will be enjoyable.

The woman starting the third chapter of her life had an outstanding birthday. We headed to the movies to see Hairspray. Her and I sat next to each other and laughed right out loud a whole heck of a lot. It was so stinking funny; my face hurt from laughing. I highly recommend this flick if you need a good laugh! Next we moved onto the Cheesecake factory for drinks and dessert. We had so much fun drinking, eating and sharing funny stories. Have I ever mentioned what great friends I have? It was fantastic spoiling Erin on such a special birthday. I hope she enjoyed it as much I did. If you haven't been out with your girlfriend lately, plan a night and go. I have been doing it more this past week than I have all summer and it is really go for a mommy's soul.

All in one day I learned:
~I want to leave a legacy behind for my family.
~I love change and need to do it more often.
~I have a wonderful husband who knows how important it is for mommy to go out with the girls.
~I have the best girlfriends a girl could ask for.

No comments: