Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cold Season

YUCK! It sure is hitting our house hard this winter season. I was finally feeling better but only because I passed all of my germs off onto my innocent little girl. She came home from school yesterday with the saddest looking bloodshot eyes, coughing and all stuffy. Raine climbed up onto my bed and requested to watch Beauty & The Beast. I snuggled with the poor thing for a bit then made some leftovers (Noni's not here to cook anymore). Before putting her to bed, I gave her a shot of medicine and prayed her cough would subside and let her get some much needed rest. No such luck, she was up all night long coughing and crying. At one point she was so warm I couldn't tell if she was breaking a fever or just to bundled under her covers. Either way I started calling friends to see if they could sub for me today. Two strikes and then I finally found one, third time is a charm. So here we sit watching Sesame Street and coloring. I hate that Raine feels terrible but I love snuggling with her.


No comments: