Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Last day of school for Reece and Mom

Sum sum summer time! I can't get this song out of my head. Today was the last day of school. Reece had a half day and went to play with the Manabat boys. We are so lucky they are in our lives. Reece has played with Dominic a few times this year during staff developments or after school trainings. The boys would also hang out in the mornings and afternoons at school. When I picked Reece up from Dominic's house he didn't want to leave and just walked out the house without saying good bye to anyone. I couldn't find him, looked all over and then he opened the car door and said, "Mom don't forget my booster." When I went over to talk to him about saying good bye and thank you he didn't have any shoes on. I headed back to the house with stubborn boy to get his shoes and seat.

While driving home, I asked how his last of kindergarten went he said, "It was sooooo fun, we played games all day."
"Oh, like what kind?"
"Mommm, video games, I brought my leapster and we played the WII."
"Did you eat all of your lunch?"
"Mommm, we had pizza, I told you we were eating that."

He was obviously too tired to speak very kindly so I stopped talking to him. All in all I think he had a great day!

As a teacher, mine was hectic and busy trying to get last minute things completed. We had 5th grade awards and a slide show. I took a lot of pictures of the kids this year, so I was very glad to see my class had quite a few big screen moments, if not the most. Then we had our ice cream party for most box tops and back to the classroom for organizing, autographing beach balls and the reading of "Oh, the Places You'll Go!" I cry when I read it to each class, such a sap I know! Then I pause when I get to this part because it is the most important for my soon to be middle schoolers.

You'll get mixed up, of course, as you already know.
You'll get mixed up with many strange birds as you go.
So be sure when you step.
Step with care and great tact and remember that Life's a Great Balancing Act.
Just never forget to be dexterous and deft.
And never mix up your right foot with your left.
And will you succeed?
Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.)
KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!
I like to remind myself of that last part too. Overall, it was a productive morning and afternoon of socializing at our speech teacher's retirement party. Tomorrow I will pack up my classroom for the summer.

No comments: