Tuesday, June 01, 2010

First to Last

August 24, 2009 ~ First day of Kindergarten
Raine and Reece 1st day

Raine and Reece 180th day

June 1, 2010 ~ Last full day of Kindergarten

Today was Reece's last full day of kindergarten and tears are streaming down my cheeks as try and share with you how my 5 yr old wiggle worm has grown. He absolutely loves school and his teacher and was rather sad when I told him he would be on summer break soon. I am so grateful he had an amazing first year of school. Thank you so much Mrs. Glover!

Reece can:

~Read level 14 books, which means like a middle of the year first grader.
~Write full stories with a beginning, middle and end.
~Read 2nd grade level sight words.
~Add and subtract very well.
~Count by 2's & 5's & 10's
~Recognize all of the coins and tell me how much I have in my change purse.
~Sing songs from memory with actions.
~Explain detailed facts about the animals they have learned about all year.
~Draw castles, dragons, Batman and his family.
~Follow directions when someone other than his mom is giving them.
~Share with his friends and is always looking out for them.
~Come with me to school any day because now he acts like he owns the place.
~Still get weepy and scared if he doesn't see me near by in my classroom or someone elses.

Reece can't:


~Stop asking if today is a stay home day.
~Stop giving me big wet kisses and big hugs.
~Stop playing superheros or building things with legos.
~Stop singing in the car and make me laugh right out loud at the words he sings instead of the real ones.
~Grow up so fast~


No comments: