Sunday, January 03, 2010

Thoughts from 2009 to 2010

I stole this from my friend, who stole this from David Allen, think about it!

Some interesting food for thought as 2009 comes to a close. I like how these questions from David Allen (the Getting Things Done guy) inspire deeper thought about what we've done and what we need to or mean to do.

Completing and remembering 2009

What was your biggest triumph in 2009? Paying off $60k of our debt, sadly we have more ;(
What was the smartest decision you made in 2009? To start a budget and try and live a debt free lifestyle
What one word best sums up and describes your 2009 experience? Triumph
What was the greatest lesson you learned in 2009? Sacrifices are good. I CAN sacrifice time to exercise and sacrifice desires to get out of debt.
What was the most loving service you performed in 2009? Not sure, my hubby would say not using a credit card.
What is your biggest piece of unfinished business in 2009? Our debt snowball still hasn't fully melted yet.
What are you most happy about completing in 2009? Running 2 half marathons, taking our first trip to Disney Land with children and paying off debt.
Who were the three people that had the greatest impact on your life in 2009? God, My awesome husband and Dave Ramsey.
What was the biggest risk you took in 2009? Training for a half marathon in San Diego, having no clue how to do it and succeeding at it.
What was the biggest surprise in 2009? Staying here in Las Vegas instead of traveling for the summer, it wasn't as horrible as I thought it would be.
What important relationship improved the most in 2009? My marriage!
What compliment would you liked to have received in 2009? None, I received plenty.
What compliment would you liked to have given in 2009? I should have told my friends what good teachers and mom's they are. I should have thanked my parents more.
What else do you need to do or say to be complete with 2009? Nothing, the year was very memorable.

Creating the new year 2010

What would you like to be your biggest triumph in 2010? Paying off the rest of our debt.
What advice would you like to give yourself in 2010? Be patient, it's all in God's time.
What is the major effort you are planning to improve your financial results in 2010? Live like no one else and want for nothing. All the desires of my heart will be there when I have the CASH to pay for it.
What would you be most happy about completing in 2010? Paying off the rest of our debt.
What major indulgence are you willing to experience in 2010? Traveling to the East Coast by truck and spending 2 weeks in Ocean City, New Jersey.
What would you most like to change about yourself in 2010? The pain I feel in my knees; I ruined them and can no longer run.
What are you looking forward to learning in 2010? How to take better pictures with my camera.
What do you think your biggest risk will be in 2010? Selling our house and moving back into our smaller one.
What about your work, are you most committed to changing and improving in 2010? Staying on top of my grading and teaching lessons with humor.
What is one as yet undeveloped talent you are willing to explore in 2010? Photography
What brings you the most joy and how are you going to do or have more of that in 2010? Spending time with my family. We are planning fun family outings each month, family game days and just plain old craziness with 2 lil ones.
Who or what, other than yourself, are you most committed to loving and serving in 2010? God and my family.
What one word would you like to have as your theme in 2010? Trust

I'm stealing this from David Allen's Productivity Principles newsletter. It says right at the bottom it's OK to do so as long as the contact & copyright info is intact, so here goes...(c) 2009 The David Allen Company, all rights reserved.The David Allen Company407-F Bryant CircleOjai, CA 93023(805) 646-8432info@davidco.com

No comments: