Saturday, January 02, 2010

Happy New Year

Twenty Ten, I like the way that sounds. I love the fact that we rang it in with friends whom we consider family. It was a fun night full of yummy Mexican food and chocolate treats. We let the kids ring in the New Year at 9 o'clock with the east coast. They watched the ball drop and toasted 2010 with some delicious sparkling cider. Reece was excited to sleep in Elijah and Sam's bedroom. Raine wanted to as well but won't stop talking so daddy moved her into Layla and Addison's room, or our hotel room for the week. I was shocked Reece made it through the night in Eli's room because the first time he tried to sleep in there, he woke up crying for me; such a mama's boy!

Once the kids were down, the adults, AJ and Noah were left to play games. I wandered off into the music room to read a bit while they figured out which game and ended up dozing off! I was up too late the night before and was exhausted all day. I guess I shouldn't have teased Shontell about falling asleep last New Years Eve! I woke up to the gang sharing and laughing about their word choices for the game Scattigories. I was little bummed because I wanted to play too. Oh well. Kris poured our drinks for the New Year toast and we counted down the final moments of 2009. We have celebrated several New Years Eves with the Brewers and Dahirs; I'm so thankful we stayed an extra day to continue the tradition.

No comments: