Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

Wow, what a blessed life I lead. Saturday I woke up and got the kids ready to swim. We were hoping to meet some friends, but that changed so we had the whole pool to ourselves. It was heaven. My kids are fish and love the water. Reece wished he had someone other than is sister to play with but still had a ball. Raine loved jumping in the pool and proceeded to count each and every time, one, two, free, jump. It was so darling. My babies are so big and independent that I was able to sit on the edge of the pool or even lounge on a chair. It was so relaxing and wonderful. At about 11 am Reece complained he was hungry and wanted to go get some food. We head to Walmart to pick up some snacks for lunches this coming week. The kids decided to eat an apple, cheese stick and Sponge Bob Cheez Its while we shopped. Great, no need to make lunch when we get home, just plop the tired toddlers in their beds. And that is exactly what I did. They napped for almost 3 hours; I even snuck in some shut eye. It was so wonderful. We woke up watched a couple cartoons and then made chocolate peanut butter cookies. It was so much fun. I sent the kids outside to play while I made a yummy meatloaf and the day was done. We ate, bathed and climbed into bed. It was by far one of the best Saturdays I spent with my kids in a long, long time. I don't have a single pic to show for it, just these precious words. Too bad daddy had to landscape, he sure missed out!

Sunday was a good day also. Church, lunch at Claim Jumper and shopping at Town Square. It was a bit hectic trying to shop with to very hot toddlers, so we headed home to nap. That didn't work that well either. Raine fell asleep in the car and wouldn't fall back asleep in her bed and Reece refused to nap. Mo had to leave us to go do more landscaping. The witching hours set in and the kids became quite a handful. I plopped them in the tub to play with bubbles and straws and all was well in Hauguel house again. Pizza for dinner and early to bed. The best part of the day was when Mo brought me home Cold Stone ice cream. No just a Like It size but a quart of my favorite Peanut Butter Perfection! My man knows me so well.

No comments: